As an addiction to alcohol or drugs gets worse, the chemistry of the brain tends to change. Once the brain’s chemistry has changed, it can be nearly impossible to stop using the substances on your own. In fact, it can be dangerous to abruptly try to quit cold turkey when painful withdrawal symptoms occur.
Baltimore Detox Center is only the second freestanding facility for drug and alcohol detox in the state of Maryland. Our compassionate staff wants your experience in our medical detox program to be as safe and comfortable as possible. When you go through either our drug detox or alcohol detox programs, your body gradually gets rid of the substances in your system safely so that you can focus solely on your therapy programs. First, however, take a moment to consider if enrolling in our detox program is right for you.
Do I Need to Enroll at a Detox Center?
If you are unsure whether or not you may need to enroll in addiction treatment at Baltimore Detox Center, honestly ask yourself the following questions:
- Are friends and family members expressing concern about your drug and alcohol use?
- Are you experiencing legal or financial issues due to your addiction?
- Do you feel withdrawal symptoms when you are unable to use drugs or alcohol?
- Are you continuing to use drugs or alcohol despite serious health consequences?
- Are you isolating yourself because of your addiction?
- Are you neglecting work, school, or family obligations because of your drug or alcohol use?
Maybe these questions made your need for addiction treatment at Baltimore Detox Center more clear to you. Our staff wants you to keep in mind that addiction isn’t a choice; it’s a disease. The medical detox capabilities at Baltimore Detox Center can help to treat this disease as you begin your path towards recovery.
What Happens When You Enter a Detox Center?
When you begin the detox process, we monitor your vitals and keep you comfortable. If any withdrawal symptoms arise, our highly trained medical staff is available to treat the symptoms. This is not just a matter of comfort, either; the symptoms of withdrawal can quickly derail newfound sobriety. By providing you with a safe, sober environment, we can significantly reduce the risk of relapse and prepare you for subsequent care at Baltimore Detox Center.
What Are the Benefits of a Detox Center?
There are a number of benefits when you go through the detox process with our team. Some of these benefits include:
- Medical supervision – When you are in our care during the drug detox or alcohol detox process, our medically trained staff can monitor your condition and administer medications to ease you through the detox process.
- Safe environment – Our detox center provides an environment where you can safely begin the long journey of recovery.
- Supportive team – You not only have the medical support of our Baltimore Detox Center team but emotional support as well. We become personally invested in your recovery, and we want you to experience all of the joys of life without drugs or alcohol.
Enroll at Our Detox Center Today for Addiction Treatment
The truth is that the pain of withdrawal symptoms can become intense and cause many well-meaning people to begin using drugs or alcohol again. This is not a failure or lack of willpower; rather, it is merely the chemicals causing you to want to use. Baltimore Detox Center is a freestanding facility that provides the highest level of care that you deserve. Contact our team today for more information about our detox program by calling 833.714.1575 or completing our confidential online form.