When someone has an addiction to drugs or alcohol, the addiction is often rooted in past trauma, a mental health disorder, or both. When a mental health disorder or addiction disorder is left untreated, the symptoms worsen, which can lead to poor health and low quality of life.
The Baltimore Detox Center team is ready to help you get the treatment that you need and deserve. Our dedicated team has years of experience helping people like you ease negative mental health and addiction symptoms. One of our most effective methods to help people end their addiction is dual diagnosis treatment.
What Is Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
Dual diagnosis treatment is a therapeutic approach that combines mental health treatment with substance abuse treatment. In a dual diagnosis treatment program, an addiction disorder is treated simultaneously as a mental health condition. In many cases, if you are struggling with drug or alcohol use, you tend to be more likely to develop mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, or PTSD. In fact, experts say that about half of those who are struggling with mental health issues will experience addiction as well.
Do I Need Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
It may be challenging to self-evaluate and determine whether you might require mental health treatment, substance abuse treatment, or dual diagnosis treatment. The first step is asking yourself the following questions honestly:
- Do you abuse drugs or alcohol to mask symptoms of a mental health disorder?
- Do you or your family have a history of mental health disorders?
- Are you experiencing sudden mood swings or outbursts of anger, especially when you can’t use drugs or alcohol?
- Are you participating in risky behavior that is not typical for you?
- Have loved ones expressed concern about your mental health or substance abuse?
- Are you feeling disconnected from friends and family?
If you find that you are answering “yes” to one or more of these questions, you may need the help of professionals. Our team at Baltimore Detox Center can work with you to create an individualized treatment program that meets your recovery needs.
What Are Some Benefits of Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
Dual diagnosis treatment has many benefits, including:
- Your mental health becomes a priority in treatment.
- Dual diagnosis treatment can be used to heal many mental health disorders, including depression and anxiety.
- This type of treatment may not have been used in your previous attempts to quit using drugs or alcohol.
- You can receive medication as part of your dual diagnosis treatment, which can ease withdrawal symptoms.
- Professional mental health experts and addiction recovery experts are both involved in your treatment plan and monitor your progress.
Most importantly, dual diagnosis treatment makes it possible for you to get to know who you are without the influence of drugs or alcohol. This type of self-actualization is helpful to increase self-esteem and self-confidence and decrease the craving for drugs or alcohol. Take charge of your life by reaching out to our Baltimore Detox Center team today.
Discover More About Baltimore Detox Center’s Dual Diagnosis Treatment Today
The team at Baltimore Detox Center provides compassionate care to people with an addiction to drugs and alcohol. One of our most effective methods to address mental health and addiction is our dual diagnosis treatment program. If you or a loved have questions about our dual diagnosis treatment program, other mental health treatment programs, or addiction treatment programs, contact our outstanding team today by calling 833.714.1575 or completing our confidential online form. Give yourself the gift of a new lifestyle that is free of drugs and alcohol today.