An addiction to drugs and alcohol can affect anyone, regardless of their background. When the addiction has escalated, it can be dangerous or even deadly to stop using the substances suddenly.
At Baltimore Detox Center, we want to help you detox from drugs and alcohol in a safe environment. Our drug and alcohol detox center is one reason why our addiction treatment programs are among the best in Maryland.
What Are Some Common Withdrawal Symptoms?
While withdrawal symptoms depend on the substance being abused. However, generally speaking, some of the most typical withdrawal symptoms include:
- Changes in appetite and mood
- Fatigue and insomnia
- Irritability and outbursts of anger
- Sweating and shaking
- Nausea and vomiting
Do I Need a Drug and Alcohol Detox Center?
If you are unsure whether a drug and alcohol detox center might be right for you, consider the following:
- Have you made at least one failed attempt in the past but painful withdrawal symptoms were too much to endure?
- Are you continuing to use drugs despite negative health consequences?
- Do you have to take larger doses because you have built up a tolerance?
- Are loved ones expressing concern over your drug use?
- Do you feel “sick” and experience withdrawal symptoms when you don’t use drugs?
- Are you having legal or financial problems due to your drug use?
After reviewing these questions, if you are considering addiction treatment, reach out to our Baltimore Detox Center team today for more information about our drug and alcohol detox program.
What Is a Drug and Alcohol Detox Center Like?
Inpatient care initially begins with medical detoxification or can extend through residential detox. Either way, when you first arrive at Baltimore Detox Center, you will be registered, your medical history will be reviewed, and you will be given a thorough medical examination. A staff member will speak with you about your immediate substance abuse issues, underlying issues or ailments, and address any concerns you may have. If you are diagnosed with other conditions, treatment options will be discussed at this time.
What Are Some Benefits of a Drug and Alcohol Detox Center?
Some of the benefits of a drug and alcohol detox center include, but are not limited to:
- Supervision – Our staff of medical professionals will constantly monitor you, so if there is any kind of medical emergency that arises, they can help.
- Adjustments – If the Baltimore Detox Center team feels your medication needs to be adjusted, they can quickly do so. Sometimes, they can customize your treatment by the minute.
- Safety – For anyone with long-term dependency, withdrawal symptoms could be life-threatening. Having supervision while detoxing keeps you safe.
- Less painful – Our team can administer medications that ease withdrawal symptoms, lessening the painful side effects.
- Increases your chances of recovery – Staying in a detox facility and getting completely clean sets a good foundation for the rest of your recovery.
- Releases friends or family from the stress of helping – Your loved ones are not responsible for your recovery, only you are. As a result, our drug and alcohol detox center allows you to start treatment and relieve your friends and family of the burden of your addiction.
Our Drug and Alcohol Detox Center Can Ease Your Withdrawal
When you decide to enroll in our drug and alcohol detox center, our outstanding team of professionals will make the detoxification process as safe and comfortable as possible. If you have questions about our drug and alcohol detox center or would like more information about any of our programs, reach out to us today. Call 833.714.1575 or complete our confidential online form, and we’ll provide the answers you may need.