One of the most commonly abused drugs in America is cocaine. Cocaine can be ingested in powdered form, or it can be smoked in crack cocaine form. Cocaine abuse leads to a short burst of euphoria and energy. However, these short bursts are fleeting, and cocaine users soon find themselves craving more cocaine. This is the main reason that cocaine addiction is such a widespread problem in this country.
Also, when people who are addicted to cocaine try to stop “cold turkey,” it can lead to withdrawal symptoms that can be painful and dangerous. That’s why a cocaine detox program, such as the one at Baltimore Detox Center, can be essential for people to end their cocaine dependence for good.
Cocaine Withdrawal Symptoms
Once people become addicted to cocaine, it can become almost impossible for them to stop using it on their own. Frequent cocaine use alters the brain’s chemistry so that the brain craves the chemicals in cocaine. Once people have reached this point in their addiction, the withdrawal symptoms can be so intense that they can drive people to relapse and resume their cocaine addiction.
Typical cocaine withdrawal symptoms include:
- Irritability or sudden bursts of anger
- Anxiety and depression
- Difficulty concentrating
These withdrawal symptoms can be mild, but they can also become quite painful. That’s why it’s crucial that people who really want to end cocaine dependence begin recovery in a cocaine detox program at a professional facility. At Baltimore Detox Center, our cocaine detox program is the safest method to start healing from a coke addiction.
Cocaine Detox Overview
When you are enrolled in the cocaine detox program at Baltimore Detox Center, you will be assessed by our admissions team, who will work with you to create an individualized treatment plan. Also, we will record important medical information, such as your cocaine use history, mental health inventory, or family medical history. Once we have collaborated with you about your treatment plan, you will enter the cocaine detox program and begin to rid your body of the toxic chemicals in cocaine.
After you have endured the cocaine detox process, you will then transition into our cocaine addiction treatment program. This cocaine addiction treatment program will teach you healthy coping skills, restore your self-confidence, and regain a clear perspective on life.
Benefits of Cocaine Detox
When you choose to enter the cocaine detox program at Baltimore Detox Center, you are making the best decision you can to improve your quality of life. Some of the benefits of cocaine detox include:
- Safe environment – Our campus in Baltimore is a state-of-the-art facility where people can go through the cocaine detox process comfortably.
- Professional supervision – The Baltimore Detox Center staff has years of experience in addiction treatment, and we have the expertise to ensure your safety as you go through cocaine detox.
- Better chance of sustained recovery – Studies have indicated that people who complete a detox program have a higher chance of long-lasting recovery. So, when you enroll in a cocaine detox program at Baltimore Detox Center, you are setting yourself up for success in recovery.
- Medication – Our team also has the capabilities to administer medications to ease more severe withdrawal symptoms. We want you to be as comfortable as possible as you endure this difficult time in your life.
Discover How Our Cocaine Detox Can Start Your Recovery
Our Baltimore Detox Center team recognizes that coke addiction is a disease. As such, this disease can be treated under the supervision of addiction treatment professionals. At Baltimore Detox Center, we provide compassionate cocaine addiction treatment, which usually begins with our cocaine detox program. If you are battling an addiction to powder cocaine or crack cocaine, we can help. Contact our team today by calling 833.714.1575 or completing our secure online form.