Millions of Americans struggle with drug addiction each year. There are many possible causes for drug addiction, ranging from past trauma to stressful situations. Addiction is best treated under the supervision of professionals in a drug detox program.
Whether you have an addiction to opiates, like benzodiazepines, amphetamines, or other narcotics, a drug and alcohol detox center can be an integral part of your recovery. Baltimore Detox Center has a drug detox program that is one of the best in the state of Maryland.
What Is a Drug Detox Center?
Detox, short for detoxification, refers to the period in which you abstain from using drugs. While the body filters our leftover toxins, an individual can experience a rash of unpleasant but usually non-lethal symptoms. Symptoms can affect the body physically as well as emotionally. Some withdrawal symptoms include:
- Changes in appetite and mood
- Fatigue and insomnia
- Irritability and outbursts of anger
- Sweating and shaking
- Nausea and vomiting
Though withdrawal can feel like a chaotic time for those in recovery, the symptoms are signs that the body is attempting to restore its prior functions. Once the withdrawal is finished at a drug detox center, you typically begin to feel stronger and more mentally prepared to begin treatment.
Our drug detox program involves round-the-clock supervision by trained addiction treatment staff. These specialists know what to do in the unlikely event of an emergency. They are also available to help keep clients calm, administer medicine, and to try to ease the burden of withdrawal in general. But no matter what substance you are struggling to overcome, Baltimore Detox Center can help.
Do I Need a Drug Detox Program?
It can be difficult to admit that you have a drug addiction. If you are unsure whether you should enter a drug detox program, ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you made at least one failed attempt in the past but painful withdrawal symptoms were too much to endure?
- Are you continuing to use drugs despite negative health consequences?
- Do you have to take larger doses because you have built up a tolerance?
- Are loved ones expressing concern over your drug use?
- Do you feel “sick” and experience withdrawal symptoms when you don’t use drugs?
- Are you having legal or financial problems due to your drug use?
If you are considering addiction treatment after reviewing these questions, reach out to our Baltimore Detox Center team today for more information about our drug detox program.
What Are Some Benefits of a Drug Detox Center?
There are many benefits of addiction treatment in a drug detox center, including:
- Baltimore Detox Center has medical personnel on hand to assist during the detox process. If a rare medical emergency arises, our team has the expertise to handle it safely.
- Depending on your needs, our drug detox program may include medications to make the transition away from drugs as comfortable as possible.
- You have the encouragement of the Baltimore Detox Center to get you through any rough patches during detox.
- The drug detox center is conveniently located in Baltimore, so residents of central Maryland can receive treatment as well.
- Your comfort is the priority for our Baltimore Detox Center staff. We will be your guides through the detoxification process.
Our Drug Detox Center Can Be the Key to Your Recovery
A foundational aspect of addiction treatment is drug detox. At Baltimore Detox Center, our team can make the transition away from your addiction as smooth as possible. Once you have addictive substances out of your system, you will be able to truly focus on your recovery. Learn more about our drug detox center today by calling [Detox] or completing our online form.