Opioid addiction is a widespread problem that affects people from all walks of life. One of the most problematic and addictive opioids is heroin. Heroin is an illegal opioid that is widely available on streets across the country. One of the most troubling aspects of heroin is that it is often mixed with other even more lethal chemicals, such as fentanyl, so people don’t know what they are putting into their systems.
Also, once people develop a heroin addiction, the chemistry of their brain changes so that they constantly crave heroin. Their lives become endless cycles of scoring heroin, ingesting heroin, then finding more heroin. At Baltimore Detox Center, we want to help people break this cycle of heroin addiction with our heroin detox program.
Signs of Heroin Addiction
If you are using heroin, you know it’s only a matter of time before you will suffer adverse effects. As a result, a heroin detox program may be your only chance to end your addiction. If you think that someone you care about may have a heroin addiction, it can be challenging to know if they are genuinely in trouble. The signs of heroin addiction may differ for each person, but some of the most common symptoms include:
- Rapid weight loss
- Dry mouth
- Runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Injection sites or track marks
- Scabs or bruising of the skin
If you notice these signs of heroin addiction, professional help may be needed to end the heroin addiction. Reach out to the outstanding Baltimore Detox Center staff for information and assistance.
Heroin Detox Overview
Once you have made the courageous decision to enter our heroin detox program, our team will provide quality care as you are flushing the heroin toxins out of your system. Our admissions team will perform an assessment when you arrive at Baltimore Detox Center and formulate a treatment plan that will guide your recovery journey.
After you have completed the heroin detox program, you will then move on to our heroin addiction treatment program. As you progress through the heroin addiction treatment program, you will identify the underlying causes of your heroin addiction and develop strategies to reinforce your recovery after treatment.
Benefits of Heroin Detox
There are numerous benefits of the heroin detox program at Baltimore Detox Center. People who enroll in our heroin detox program begin to experience the benefits almost immediately, including:
- Renewed clarity – Once the chemical components of heroin have been flushed out of your system, its effects no longer cloud your mind and judgment. You’ll regain a clear perspective on life as you maintain your recovery.
- Medical supervision – As you progress through the heroin detox program, our Baltimore Detox Center team will monitor your vital signs to ensure your safety. Also, we have the capabilities to administer medications to ease heroin withdrawal symptoms, if necessary.
- Support system – Our team will not only meet your physical needs in heroin detox, but we will also be a source of encouragement on the tough days in treatment. The peers you meet in the heroin detox program also become people you can rely upon when treatment becomes tough.
- A safe environment – Our Baltimore Detox Center facility is the perfect setting to begin the road to recovery. Our clean and modern location provides the backdrop for you to pursue a lifestyle free from heroin addiction.
Explore How Our Heroin Detox Program Can End Your Addiction
The heroin detox program at Baltimore Detox Center gives people the opportunity to end their heroin addiction as safely and comfortably as possible. If you or someone you care about is struggling with heroin addiction, our dedicated team can help. To learn more about our heroin detox program, our heroin addiction treatment program, or any of our other addiction treatment programs, reach out to our team today by calling 833.714.1575 or completing our confidential online form. Take back control of your life from addiction and feel better than you have in years by enrolling in our heroin detox program today.