Opioid addiction is a widespread problem that affects people from all walks of life. One of the most problematic and addictive opioids is heroin. Heroin is an illegal opioid that is widely available on streets across the country. One of the most troubling aspects of heroin is that it is often mixed with even more lethal chemicals, such as fentanyl, so people do not know what they are putting into their systems.
Also, once people develop a heroin addiction, the chemistry of their brain changes so that they constantly crave heroin. Their lives become endless cycles of scoring heroin, ingesting heroin, then finding more heroin. At Baltimore Detox Center’s drug and alcohol detox center, we want to help people break this cycle of heroin addiction with our heroin detox program.
Signs of Heroin Addiction
If you are using heroin, you know it is only a matter of time before you suffer adverse effects. As a result, a heroin detox program may be your only chance to end your addiction. If you think that someone you care about may have a heroin addiction, it can be challenging to know if they are genuinely in trouble. The signs of heroin addiction may differ for each person, but some of the most common symptoms include:
- Rapid weight loss
- Dry mouth
- Runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Injection sites or track marks
- Scabs or bruising of the skin
If you notice these signs of heroin addiction, professional help may be needed to end your dependence on the drug. Reach out to the outstanding Baltimore Detox Center staff for information and assistance.
Heroin Detox Overview
Once you have made the courageous decision to enter our heroin detox program, our team will provide quality care as you flush the heroin toxins out of your system. Our admissions team will perform an assessment when you arrive at Baltimore Detox Center and formulate a treatment plan to guide your recovery journey.
After completing the heroin detox program, you will then move on to our heroin addiction treatment program. As you progress through the heroin addiction treatment program, you will identify the underlying causes of your heroin addiction and develop strategies to reinforce your recovery after treatment.
Benefits of Heroin Detox
There are numerous benefits of the heroin detox program at Baltimore Detox Center. People who enroll in our program begin to experience the benefits almost immediately, including:
- Renewed clarity – Once the chemical components of heroin have been flushed out of your system, the effects no longer cloud your mind and judgment. You will regain a clear perspective on life as you maintain your recovery.
- Medical supervision – As you progress through the heroin detox program, our Baltimore Detox Center team will monitor your vital signs to ensure your safety. We will also administer medications to ease heroin withdrawal symptoms, if necessary.
- Support system – Our team will not only meet your physical needs in heroin detox, but we will also be a source of encouragement on the tough days in treatment. The peers you meet in the heroin detox program will become people you can rely upon when treatment becomes challenging.
- A safe environment – Our Baltimore Detox Center facility is the perfect setting to begin the road to recovery. Our clean and modern location provides the backdrop for you to pursue a lifestyle free from heroin addiction.
Benefits of Medication-Assisted Treatment for Heroin Detox
While you are in a heroin detox program, you may be a candidate for medication-assisted treatment (MAT). MAT is a proven approach to heroin addiction treatment that combines medications with counseling and behavioral therapies. The medications used in MAT can reduce cravings and prevent relapse.
Baltimore Detox Center offers MAT as part of our heroin addiction treatment program. We are committed to using the most effective treatments to help you overcome your heroin addiction. The benefits of medication-assisted treatment include:
- Quitting heroin becomes easier
- You can receive treatment while still living at home
- You can continue working or attending school
- There is less chance of relapse
- The medications used in MAT have a long history of safety and efficacy
If you are interested in learning more about medication-assisted treatment, please contact our admissions team. They will be happy to answer any questions you have about this approach to heroin detox.
Explore How Baltimore Detox Center’s Heroin Detox Program Can End Your Addiction
The heroin detox program at Baltimore Detox Center gives people the opportunity to end their heroin addiction as safely and comfortably as possible. If you or someone you care about is struggling with heroin addiction, our dedicated team can help. To learn more about our heroin detox program, our heroin addiction treatment program, or any of our other addiction treatment programs, reach out to our team today by calling 833.714.1575 or completing our confidential online form. Take back control of your life from addiction and feel better than you have in years by enrolling in our heroin detox program today.