The goal of drug and alcohol rehab is to enhance physical and mental health. It is also meant to create an opportunity for you to rebuild your life in a way that is fitting to your goals and expectations. The life after rehab you decide to create is truly up to you, and with resources like an alumni program, our team at Baltimore Detox Center gives you every tool available to help you thrive in that new life.
What to Expect in Life After Rehab
Each day of rehab at Baltimore Detox Center will create new learning opportunities for you. Over time, you will gain a lot of confidence in yourself. You may even be ready to take on anything. Then, as discharge approaches, you may begin to feel apprehension. Can you do it in the “real world?” The key to long-term success is having a plan and healthy expectations while also being connected with your treatment team throughout the process.
Some key points to keep in mind about life after rehab include:
- Outpatient therapy is a significant part of life after treatment. It is a way for you to get help for addiction, but also to help you manage stress and the new life you are living. Value this time with your therapist as a way to stay on the right track.
- Take things slowly. Trying to jump right back into life is going to make things much more challenging. Instead, pace yourself. Give yourself time to establish a routine, then work on relationships. There’s no rush.
- Work to mend relationships that are worth doing so. There may be relationships you need to walk away from to ensure better outcomes for yourself and your family. Part of the recovery process is working on those damaged relationships that you want to save, such as family members or close friends. Make amends in a meaningful way.
- Maintain your routine. That includes simple things like eating healthy meals, getting daily exercise, and focusing on personal health. You also need to sleep and keep socially active.
- Make sure to follow your plans for triggers. That means adjusting to situations and people that may make you think about drugs or alcohol. You’ll work on developing these skills during treatment. Stick with them for the long term.
- Create plans for your future. When you do, you are sure to find a wide range of opportunities open up for you once you work through addiction treatment.
Maintaining Sobriety with Effective Treatment
If you are struggling with addiction right now, it is critical to take steps to improve your future by reaching out for professional therapy. Our team at Baltimore Detox Center can help you. We offer a range of treatment programs to assist you in every step of the recovery process. You will not be alone. Our long-term care and aftercare programs support years of healthy living and aim to minimize the risk of relapse.
Now is your chance to change your future. Some of the programs we offer include:
- Men’s detox center
- Women’s detox center
- Extended residential treatment
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Alumni treatment program
- Holistic detox center
Make Today the Day You Start Recovery at Baltimore Detox Center
What do you want life after rehab to be like? Make a goal. Then, make today count by calling Baltimore Detox Center to start working on that recovery process. Our team of dedicated professionals offers innovative programs and numerous resources to help you start building the life you want. We offer long-term care to keep you on track, too. Get started by connecting with us now online or calling 833.714.1575.