If you are tired of feeling overwhelmed by addiction, consider your options. If you continue with your addiction, nothing can get better, and things may get worse. Yet, if you take today as day one to quit drinking, you may create a new path of health and wellbeing. Our team at Baltimore Detox Center provides the alcohol addiction treatment you may need to make that possible. You don’t have to quit without support, but you do need to commit to change.
Make the Decision to Quit Drinking
Alcohol addiction doesn’t just stop when you put down the bottle. Rather, it continues until you decide to stop drinking for good. Even then, you’ll need help from professionals, such as our team at Baltimore Detox Center. That’s because alcohol use disorder typically involves dependence, a condition in which your body has become reliant on the substance, and your brain craves it. If you are ready to break that dependence, you’ll need a comprehensive plan to quit drinking.
Some of the ways you can start your recovery from alcohol addiction include:
- Make your first call to an alcohol addiction treatment center, such as Baltimore Detox Center. You may need the support and guidance we offer to help you make changes. Our team can help you through every subsequent step in the process.
- Tell close loved ones that you have made the decision to quit drinking and will need their support. That means they have to commit to keeping alcohol out of the home you’re living in and help you to stay on the right path.
- Enter into a detox program, like the one offered at Baltimore Detox Center. Detox is valuable for those who drink a lot as well as those who have used alcohol for a long time. It allows the body and brain time to break through dependence without the intense pain and discomfort that comes with it.
- Open up about mental health. You can do this with one of our therapists. Many people who drink struggle with depression, anxiety, or other mental health disorder. You’ll need to address treatment for that condition along with your addiction if you want to live a long, healthy life without complications.
- Always put yourself first in recovery. It’s difficult to enter into residential treatment and not feel like you should be home taking care of your family. Yet, you cannot be good to them until you are good to yourself. Don’t rush leaving therapy too soon.
Is Quitting Cold Turkey the Right Decision?
Some people may be able to simply stop drinking and never touch another bottle again. Those individuals may not have dependence. If you feel cravings to consume alcohol and physical and emotional pain when you try to stop, that is an indication that dependence is there. As a result, you are unlikely to be successful in just quitting cold turkey. You’ll benefit from treatment at Baltimore Detox Center, which can help you manage those symptoms more effectively.
Find Addiction Help at Baltimore Detox Center
Find the treatment you need at Baltimore Detox Center. Let our team help you from day one to create a strong plan for recovery. That may include working in individual and group therapy, building relationships with your family, and developing skills to help you manage stress. You may even create new skills that allow you to live the type of lifestyle you want to.
To get started, some of our programs include:
- Men’s detox program
- Women’s detox program
- Alcohol treatment center
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Extended residential treatment program
Find the Support You Need by Contacting Baltimore Detox Center
You do not have to quit drinking on your own without help. In fact, the more support you have, the better your outcome is likely to be. Our team at Baltimore Detox Center offers the resources you need to make that possible. If you struggle with alcohol addiction, make today the day you get help by calling 833.714.1575 or connecting with us online.