Alcoholism, also known as alcohol abuse, impacts over 14 million Americans each year. This widespread problem affects people of all backgrounds and walks of life. When alcoholism becomes severe, it can be dangerous to stop drinking suddenly. Withdrawal symptoms may occur, such as:
- Nausea and vomiting
- High blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Irritability and mood swings
In extreme cases, alcohol withdrawal can be quite painful. That’s why you need professional treatment for alcoholism, like the care you receive at Baltimore Detox Center. Our highly trained team has years of experience in guiding people through recovery from alcohol abuse. The first step is determining whether or not you need alcohol addiction treatment.
Do I Need Alcohol Addiction Treatment?
You may be drinking a bit more alcohol than you usually do due to stress or negative emotions. However, you may be starting to feel concerned that your alcohol use has accelerated into an alcohol abuse disorder.
Take a moment to consider the following questions:
- Are you having legal or financial issues as a result of your alcohol use?
- Have loved ones expressed concern about your drinking?
- Do you avoid events or gatherings where there isn’t alcohol?
- Have you neglected work, school, or family obligations due to drinking?
- Are you experiencing health problems because of drinking alcohol?
- Have you tried to stop drinking before without success?
If you find that you are answering “yes” to one or more of these questions, it may be a smart idea to seek alcohol addiction treatment at Baltimore Detox Center.
What Types of Therapy Options Are Available During Alcohol Addiction Treatment?
The types of therapy options at Baltimore Detox Center include, but are not limited to:
- Dual diagnosis therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Trauma therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
No matter your needs in recovery, Baltimore Detox Center has exactly the right therapy solution for you.
What Are the Benefits of an Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program?
There are a number of benefits for you when you enter into an alcohol addiction treatment program at Baltimore Detox Center.
Some of the positive effects that occur when you are in rehab for drinking include:
- Repaired relationships – Relationships with family and friends may have been damaged due to your alcoholism. When you are in recovery for alcohol abuse, it gives you the chance to mend these relationships.
- Enhanced self-confidence – When you stop drinking, you feel a renewed sense of self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Improved physical health – Once the alcohol is out of your system, your body gets a chance to heal. Your heart, liver, and brain all begin to function more efficiently.
- Supportive environment – Not only will you have the support of our Baltimore Detox Center team, but you also have the encouragement of your peers in treatment.
- New strategies – When you’re in treatment, you’ll learn healthy strategies to help you cope with stress that doesn’t include alcohol.
- Sober activities – When you’re in an alcohol addiction treatment program, you get a chance to try new activities that don’t involve alcohol abuse.
Find Out How Our Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program Can Help Your Recovery
When you decide to stop drinking, the Baltimore Detox Center team is ready to help you. Remember that alcoholism is a disease, not a choice. When you enter rehab to end your alcohol abuse, you are making the most important choice of your life. If you would like more information about the alcohol addiction treatment program at Baltimore Detox Center, reach out to our team today by calling 833.714.1575 or completing our confidential online form. Choose recovery from alcoholism now.