At Baltimore Detox Center, we have the resources and staff to help you to stop using benzos. Our rehab facility is open to Maryland residents who want to focus on their recovery process and improve their quality of life. If you are considering a benzo addiction treatment program, Baltimore Detox Center can be the resource you need.
What Is Benzo Addiction?
Benzodiazepines, more commonly known as benzos, are a class of drugs known as central nervous system depressants, used to treat various mood disorders and other health conditions, including seizures, insomnia, and alcohol withdrawal. While they’re useful in treating these conditions for a short time, benzos may cause harmful side effects, such as:
- Blurred vision
- Impaired motor coordination
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slurred speech
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Fatigue and drowsiness
Common types of benzos include, but are not limited to:
A key point about benzo addiction to remember is that it is almost impossible to stop using benzos on your own. When you have been addicted to benzos for an extended period, the chemistry of your brain changes. Once your brain’s chemistry is altered, a sudden end to the use of benzos can result in withdrawal symptoms, such as:
- Physical aches and pains that can range from uncomfortable to severe
- Abnormal sensations, such as the feeling that bugs are crawling on the skin
- Muscle spasms
- Hallucinations or delusions
- Nausea and vomiting
That’s why it’s critical for you to stop using benzos at a facility with professional help. The Baltimore Detox Center team is ready to make your transition away from benzo abuse as comfortable as possible. We will guide you through the withdrawal symptoms so that you can begin your therapy programs without any trace of benzos in your system.
Do I Need Benzo Addiction Treatment?
It may be difficult to be honest with yourself, but it is important to self-evaluate to determine if you need benzo addiction treatment at Baltimore Detox Center. Ask yourself the following:
- Do you run out of your medication before you’re supposed to?
- Are you facing legal or financial difficulties because of your benzo use?
- Have you been isolating yourself from friends and family?
- Are you “doctor shopping,” which is going to multiple doctors to get benzos?
- Have you been neglecting work, school, or family responsibilities because of your benzo use?
- Are you experiencing sudden outbursts of anger or mood swings?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, a benzo addiction treatment program at Baltimore Detox Center could help you stop using benzos.
What Are the Benefits of Benzo Addiction Treatment?
When you enroll in benzo addiction treatment at Baltimore Detox Center, you immediately start to experience the benefits of the program. Some of the benefits are:
- Establishing a support network of peers that you meet in treatment
- Learning new coping skills so that you don’t have to resort to benzo abuse
- Feeling more self-confident and self-aware
- Gaining a new clear perspective on life
- Healing the trauma that may be the root cause of your benzo addiction
- Improving your mental and physical health
The numerous benefits of benzo addiction treatment will make you feel better than you have in years.
We Can Help End Your Benzo Addiction Today
Our Baltimore Detox Center team has years of experience helping people end their addiction to benzos. We understand that addiction is a disease, not a choice. And, like many other diseases, benzo addiction can be treated. Reach out to our outstanding team today by calling 833.714.1575 or completing our confidential online form for more information. Give yourself the gift of a lifestyle that is free of addiction to benzos.