Often, the most challenging step in the recovery journey is admitting to yourself that you need to stop drinking. For those people who may suffer from alcoholism or alcohol abuse, treatment at a rehab facility under the supervision of professionals is often the best choice. The truth is, if you are even considering entering a treatment program for alcohol abuse, you more than likely do have an addiction to alcohol. Once you can be honest with yourself about your alcohol abuse, your choice to enter a rehab program to stop drinking becomes easier.
There are many treatment options once you enter into a rehab facility to stop drinking. One of the most effective methods of getting help for alcoholism is gender-specific treatment, such as the men’s rehab program at Baltimore Detox Center.
Why Should I Enter a Men’s Rehab Program?
Men and women face different struggles with substance abuse. For many men, the pressure society puts on them to avoid seeming weak or fragile can hinder their success in overcoming addiction. When women are present in a treatment setting, men might become distracted. However, in a men-only program, they’ll be able to open up without feeling self-conscious. It can also take men longer to open up about their struggles. In a group with their peers, they can take their time.
Men might also struggle with anger issues or types of past trauma that women do not deal with to the same extent. At Baltimore Detox Center, our therapists understand these experiences and can also assist you in understanding how they can influence addiction. We want your experience in our men’s rehab program to be uplifting and encouraging.
What Are the Benefits of a Men’s Rehab Program?
In our men’s rehab program, we know that recovery can be a complicated process. However, with the help of experienced professionals, you can begin to rebuild your life. Substance abuse can cause damage to relationships, finances, and more. But lasting recovery is possible. Once you arrive at Baltimore Detox Center, you’ll go through an assessment process. Our team will design a treatment plan for you based on your unique needs.
Among the main benefits of a men’s rehab program at Baltimore Detox Center include:
- Fewer distractions – Experts suggest that sexual tension is a significant challenge in rehab. However, when there aren’t any women in the area, you can focus on your recovery.
- A men-only group therapy setting – You can share more freely and honestly in a group of only men. You can also discuss issues that only affect men, allowing you to address the unique emotional and physical challenges men face.
- Freedom to express – Without people of the opposite gender, you may be more open to expressing emotions and vulnerability.
- More reliable support network – When you have other men who you can rely on, you’ll find a more effective and extensive support network who can work with you during your treatment and afterward.
- Different expectations – Society puts a lot of expectations on men. By being surrounded only by men in the same situation as you, you can set aside these expectations that society and yourself have drilled into you and begin to heal.
Explore Our Men’s Rehab Program Today to Stop Drinking
The environment at men’s rehab gives you the best possible chance to come to terms with the root causes of your alcoholism. If you want to stop drinking and think that a men’s rehab program at Baltimore Detox Center might be the answer, don’t hesitate to reach out to our compassionate team today. Contact us by calling 833.714.1575 or completing our confidential online form.