Meth abuse ruins lives, breaks up families, and destroys physical and mental health. Some people fighting a meth addiction may feel as though there is no hope of a life free of meth abuse.
The team at Baltimore Detox Center wants you to know that help is available for meth addiction. We have a dedicated staff with years of experience, therapy programs that will assist you in the recovery process, and a convenient location in Baltimore City. However, the first step in your recovery journey is to determine whether or not you need meth addiction treatment from our substance abuse treatment center.
Do I Need Meth Addiction Treatment?
Methamphetamine, also known as meth or crystal meth, is an addictive stimulant that has energizing effects. It can be found in pill form or as a white-colored powder. As a powder, it can be snorted or dissolved in water and injected. Crystal meth is generally pale blue. It looks like fragments of glass or rocks and is usually smoked using a pipe.
Meth produces an intense high that comes on and fades quickly. Coming down can cause difficult emotional and physical symptoms, such as depression and insomnia. As a result, meth addiction often follows a pattern of binging on the drug for several days at a time, followed by a crash.
If you are using meth, you would benefit from meth addiction treatment at a rehab center. Perhaps you’re unsure whether or not you or a loved one need professional help for meth abuse. Take a moment and honestly ask yourself the following:
- Are you having legal or financial problems due to your meth abuse?
- Have you neglected work, school, or family responsibilities because of meth addiction?
- Has obtaining more meth to use become your priority?
- Have friends and family expressed concern about your use of meth?
- When you can’t use meth, do you experience mood swings or sudden bursts of anger?
- Have you been isolating yourself from loved ones to use meth?
- Have you had a loss of appetite or drastic weight loss?
- Are your teeth rotting or falling out?
- Are you intensely scratching your skin, causing open sores?
- Do you have long periods of sleeplessness?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, entering a meth addiction treatment program at Baltimore Detox Center might be the best decision you can make.
What Are the Effects of Meth Addiction?
There are many negative effects of meth addiction, especially on the brain. Some of the ways that meth addiction damages the brain include:
- Impaired learning and motor skills
- Cognitive issues
- A decline in mental flexibility
- Structural and functional changes in brain areas associated with memory and emotions
- Neuron death throughout the central nervous system
- Death of glial cells
- Brain damage
- Increased risk of Parkinson’s disease
What Are the Benefits of Meth Addiction Treatment?
Meth addiction treatment at Baltimore Detox Center helps you take control of your life. Some of the numerous benefits of meth addiction treatment include:
- A renewed sense of self-confidence and self-esteem
- Enhanced communication skills
- A support system of therapists and peers
- Improved mental and physical health
- New skills and strategies to avoid a relapse
- A clear perspective on life that is free of meth abuse
You deserve the highest level of care for your meth addiction. That’s why you should choose to enter a meth addiction treatment program at Baltimore Detox Center.
Receive the Best Meth Addiction Treatment at Baltimore Detox Center
Our team at Baltimore Detox Center provides the highest level of care for the people in our meth addiction treatment program. The first step in the recovery process is up to you. Contact our team today by calling 833.714.1575 or completing our confidential online form.