Individuals of different genders exhibit different patterns of drug abuse. For a variety of reasons, women can be more susceptible to addiction. A targeted rehab program can help women who are struggling with addiction begin to heal.
At Baltimore Detox Center, our therapists and addiction treatment specialists are experienced in working with women who struggle with addiction and offer expert guidance on the journey to recovery. We provide individualized substance abuse treatment plans designed to help the women in our care find lasting sobriety. If you are considering a women’s rehab program for addiction, the Baltimore Detox Center program could be the difference in your recovery journey.
Why Should I Enter a Women’s Rehab Program?
Many women with addiction issues have been victims of violence, domestic and otherwise. And more specifically, an enormous number of women struggling with substance abuse problems have suffered verbal and physical abuse by men. Many have also been sexually assaulted. Participating in group therapy with other women who are there to listen and respond to you can be life-changing. Being able to support other women who are in a similar position to yours can be a helpful experience as well.
At our women’s rehab program, you will find a safe, nurturing environment for women. You will be met with acceptance, support, and understanding as you overcome your addiction and regain control of your life.
Also, the women’s rehab program at Baltimore Detox Center is customized to fit your specific treatment needs. For example, depending on your recovery goals and treatment plan, our staff can provide the following services:
- Residential treatment program
- Inpatient treatment program
- Substance abuse treatment
- Alcohol rehab
- Drug rehab
- Detox center
Our Baltimore Detox Center team doesn’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to treatment. Our women’s rehab program gives you the opportunity to receive the treatment that will help you achieve long-lasting sobriety.
Further, a women’s rehab program at Baltimore Detox Center can help you identify gender-specific relapse risks. For example, our women’s rehab program will help address relapse risks exclusive to women. Relapses occur when a desired behavioral change becomes lost again. Some of the gender-specific relapse risks you’ll address will include:
- Stress from gender discrimination
- Sexual assault
- High levels of anxiety
- Abusive relationships
What Are Some Benefits of a Women’s Rehab Program?
A few of the many benefits of Baltimore Detox Center’s women’s rehab program include:
- Open communication – Our women’s rehab program gives you the chance to share more freely than in mixed-gender treatment, especially in group therapy.
- Less distraction – A women’s rehab program removes any sexual tension that might be apparent in mixed-gender treatment.
- A strong support network – The women that you meet in treatment become a valuable resource throughout the women’s rehab program and beyond.
- Gender-specific issues – Treatment in our women’s rehab program directly addresses the specific issues that women battling addiction face.
- Elevated self-esteem – Research has proven women tend to enter treatment with lower levels of self-esteem than men. Traditional treatment centers have a confrontational approach for new patients. The same approach that works with men could end up retraumatizing a woman. Women respond better to less aggressive therapy approaches.
Learn More Today About Our Women’s Rehab Program for Addiction
The women’s rehab program at Baltimore Detox Center gives you a treatment option that may be the right fit for you. If you would like more information about any of our addiction treatment programs, including alcohol rehab, drug rehab, detox center, inpatient treatment, or women’s rehab program, contact our outstanding team today. Reach out to us by calling 833.714.1575 or completing our confidential online form. Today can be the day that you change your life for the better.